My two older cats hate the kitten I just rescued. Is there a way they can become friends (or at least tolerate each other)?

I dunno, I never did learn to like Buddah, and barely tolerate him. But the best way I know of is to keep them apart for a long time and gradually introduce each others' stink. Them glimpses of each other, then short meetings... Even if they've already met and are living with each other, starting at zero can help. Plus, Feliway is supposed to help cats get along.

After a while most kitties pick their territory and just glare at each other instead of fighting, but that might not happen until the kitten has outgrown his crackhead stage. Util that happens the older cats are just going to be annoyed by the little spaz but eventually he's become less of a spaz and more like he's just THERE, and they'll get over it.

But, if they're hurting him...you might wanna ask your vet's help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment